Thursday, June 30, 2011

I'm not Arnie...but I'm back!

It has been more than two long years since I last posted anything here - holy crap! Catori has been sadly neglected along the way. Since then I struggled with a shoulder injury that did not like any form of sanding or planing which pretty much halted building and my interests shifted rapidly to earning a crust when there was no surplus for epoxy and ply. My wife and I own a decorative hire business called Centrepiece which keeps us pretty busy most days and just recently, I managed to start putting some time (and money) into the build.
Luckily, I am supported by Tiffany on two fronts a) it makes me happy and b) it makes me happy! Since the last post, I have...
  • Fitted all of the stringers
  • Dry-Fitted the seats
  • lamined the rudder foil and stock
  • bought an outboard and aluminium for the spars
  • ordered the sails and rigging from Duckworths while the NZD is at a high
  • changed my mind on a raft of small details more times than I care to remember and 
  • started the dreaded planking
I now have my heart set on a launch date before Christmas so the pressure to finish before the framing epoxy is yellow and brittle is real!
Now that I have put paw to pad, I will endevour to post some updated images for all. Until then, happy days and fair weather to all!

1 comment:

  1. Do you need Finance? Are you looking for Finance? Are you looking for finance to enlarge your business? We help individuals and companies to obtain finance for business expanding and to setup a new business ranging any amount. Get finance at affordable interest rate of 3%, Do you need this finance for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more information contact us now via (financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) whats-App +918929509036 Dr James Eric Finance Pvt Ltd Thanks

    ReplyDelete